This is my first time to join in on Random 5 Friday with Nancy of A Rural Journal where "you can share 5 random facts about you, your day, your pets, your kids, whatever!" My kids tell me I say random things all the time so this should be right up my alley.
1. My new favorite TV show is CNBC's "The Profit". Have you seen it? I don't watch much TV but I happened to see it advertised on the internet and watched the first episode there. I became hooked immediately because the star of it, Marcus Lemonis, is so charismatic. It is about a successful businessman who tries to turn struggling businesses around. It is so interesting to hear what he thinks they should change to improve their profitability. Also, the psychology behind the relationships of the business employees is very interesting; usually there is a breakdown somewhere and that is why the business is struggling. It is on Tuesday evenings so I DVR the show and watch it on Wednesdays. That way I can fast forward through the commercials. The episodes can be watched here, but I find it's more fun to watch it on the big screen.
2. Now that I am retired from working and since Dan works out of the home, we spend a lot of time together. We run errands, do the grocery shopping together, even get our hair cut at the same place at the same time! After our haircuts the other day, we ate lunch at one of our favorite pizza places. Sometimes I feel like we are on our honeymoon again! I am really enjoying this special time we have together. We have our children and now a grandchild who enrich our lives tremendously!
3. Another thing about retirement is that I have the time to really enjoy people, places and things. I am not in a hurry anymore. Danny came to visit the other evening when he was in town and we had such a nice, relaxing visit. I glanced at the clock at 9:30 PM and I was grateful that I didn't have to think about getting up the next morning for work. I love that!
4. I have been working on a cleaning schedule so I can keep up with my big house. When I was working, I never felt like the house was clean. I don't use cleaning ladies; I like to do it myself. That way I appreciate all the beautiful things we have. There are things I do every day, like making the bed, tidying up and keeping up with the dishes and laundry. On Mondays I like to tackle a big project. One week I will conquer the bedrooms and bathrooms; the next week it's dusting and sweeping the living room, dining room and foyer; the third week I clean the kitchen. I do other things when I feel like it in-between, such as the study, the basement, washing windows, cleaning the marks off the inside doors, and pulling weeds and removing cobwebs outside the house. On the opposite Mondays, I also quickly wipe down the bathroom sinks, toilets and mirrors. I have figured it's a 3 week rotating schedule. Since we are empty nesters, the house doesn't get very dirty. I am pretty happy with what I have come up with and still have plenty of time left over for all the other stuff I love and have to do.
5. I love my doctor. He takes care of me. I swear he has a computer chip in his brain. One time I asked him about something and when I got home Googled it and it was as if he had written the article. Everything he said was there. I also love my grocery store and the pharmacists who work there. I felt well taken care of this morning by my health care providers.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!