I know the holidays are behind us but I still had to make this angel ornament anyway. I had pinned several holiday projects made with old jello tins and I didn't want to wait until next year to do something with this angel pick I purchased from The Little Pink Studio. Her collar fit perfectly to the shape of the star.
I also purchased the sheet music from Cerri of the Little Pink Studio and I found this fabulous necklace at an antique shop that will provide hangers for many projects I have planned to make.
I used my wire pliers to remove a piece of the necklace, punched a hole in the tin with my Crop-A-Dile and attached the ends to form a loop. I wasn't sure if the Crop-A-Dile would punch the hole but it was no problem at all - it's a great tool. It has two sizes of hole punches besides having the capability of adhering eyelets to projects.
Then I had to figure out how to make a pattern to cut the sheet music to place it inside the star. I decided to make a copy of the back of the star mold on the copy machine and I got the pattern that way.
A large pearl from Michaels fit perfectly onto the wire on the angel pick.
So I glued everything together and made a bow with seam binding below the giant pearl. I decided to cover the metal loop above the angel with a pearl.
Speaking of angels, I found these sweet little figures here and there sitting on antique shop shelves for a couple dollars each. I made them into ornaments. I was told this first one originally sat on a taper candle for decoration.
This one was cute by herself. I just learned how versatile pipe cleaners are. They served as a little scarf as well as holding the string for hanging the angels onto the tree.
I was so happy to find this one too. She's such a sweet little thing playing her accordion.
I'll be getting on to Valentine's projects soon!