I am always searching for ways to make my guest room more comfortable. When I recently stayed at my friend Anita's home in North Carolina, I got all kinds of good tips that will help me with that. Anita is a great entertainer and makes her guests feel right at home. Here are some ideas I learned from staying in Anita's Biltmore Room that make a guest room a top notch place to stay:
1. Have local books for your guests to peruse and good lighting next to the bed. I read the book about the Biltmore estate in Ashville, North Carolina that was sitting on the nightstand. Anita also had a Bible in the top drawer and some Better Homes & Gardens magazines available.
2. Have a clock somewhere in the room. You can see it in the mirror in the picture below.
3. Have a luggage rack and drawer space. Anita's guest room had several spacious empty drawers that held my things. It was nice not living out of a suitcase.
4. A good sized mirror.
5. Trash can.
6. Box of tissues.
7. A comfortable bed with a lovely bed ensemble.
8. Interesting things to enjoy. Sitting on top of the dresser were all kinds of fun objects to explore.
I had to try on this beautiful vintage hat!
There was a Downton Abbey bag
and a dress form that displayed one of the bridal gowns from Anita's vast collection.
9. A chair for a guest to relax and place their clothes on when they get ready for the day.
10. And finally, a bathroom close by with towels and other essentials complete my list of things that make a guest feel truly comfortable!
Staying in Anita's guest room was a great inspiration to help me to get mine in better shape!