My Adventures in December:
1. Last week, we spent a couple of nights at The Drake Hotel in Chicago. This is a holiday tradition for us and we enjoyed it very much as usual!
I took some photos of the church we love...
and shopped at Macy's, enjoying the holiday displays.
I just loved the retro images at the Benefits cosmetic counter.
We treated Dan's colleagues to a fine dinner at the Rosebud Steakhouse.
|Dan checking out the Rosebud Steakhouse menu.|
What can I say - I LOVE Chicago, especially at Christmastime!
2. Bagger Dave's Burger Tavern opened five locations in our area and I had the opportunity to experience an evening of taste testing. Everything was delicious, especially the Bleu Buffalo Tavern Fries! You can learn more about them here. I took some carry out to Ashleigh and she enjoyed it too!
3. I visited two antique shops in Zionsville, Indiana that are in the Indiana Antique Guide: Hidden Treasures & Brown's Antiques.
I purchased some great old sheet music at Hidden Treasures,
and Brown's Antiques was a neat place to visit. I understand the grounds are especially beautiful in the spring, so I will be sure to stop by again then.
4. Another drawing by Ashleigh. What a darling couple!
5. I enjoyed our Christmas tablescape when we had dinner with Ashleigh and her boyfriend. The red dots cloth is a twin sized sheet I found at Goodwill. The smaller poinsettia vintage tablecloth came from an antique shop and I used it to add some flair. The centerpiece on the right is a Thomas Kincaid Christmas scene.
6. Here's an old Christmas photo I found at an antique shop...Look at all of that good stuff Santa brought him that year! What would your caption be for this photo?
Here's to wishing you a Merry Christmas with those you love! I hope you will have a Happy Holiday List too!