1. Ashleigh Antle Art: Here is one of Ashleigh's latest commissioned charcoal drawings. Dan had her draw his colleague's family to take with him on his business trip to Korea. Her art always makes me happy. The recipients of this drawing were happy too!
He also took these buttons with him of their little darling I made for them to wear.
2. Reading a Book: I am happy to announce that I read my first book in several years (I know that's terrible but I'd rather be crafting). I felt rushed to get it done because Dan wanted to see the movie. It was good. We made a date night out of it. After seeing the movie we ate at Houlihan's.
3. Reupholstering old Ethan Allen furniture: We got the dining room chairs reupholstered. Also, one of the loose chairs was glued and tightened. Just in time for the holidays!
|Who has a 1950s metal dollhouse on their dining room table? ME!! I can enjoy seeing the front when I walk into the kitchen and see the inside and furniture when I leave the kitchen!|
All was done in one week. In you live in Indy and need reupholstering done, R. E. Rhyne Co. does FABULOUS work! They have made many of our pieces like new and they get it done not only beautifully but VERY QUICKLY!
4. I returned to WeightWatchers (WW) and lost 6 pounds in my first week using the Simple Start program! No counting of anything this time and it works if the right foods are eaten. I have been preparing all kinds of WW recipes including the chocolate smoothie (I made it with milk in the blender - no ice even). When I went to drink it I warned myself to not be too excited but I was pleasantly surprised - it tasted to me like malted milk! I was HAPPY!
While at my meeting, I heard a member talk about keeping safe snacks in her car. After tasting the smoothie, I remembered that and decided to make a travel kit myself. Here is what I included in it: microwave popcorn, Crystal Light, Cream of Wheat, WW chocolate smoothie (it can be made with water too), and my favorite tea bag. I hope to have the willingness to keep at this so I will continue to be HAPPY!
5. Old photo fun: Here I am in my earlier days. While searching for a photo, I came across some silly old photo booth pictures that were taken at Walgreens in the late 1960's. Do you remember when Walgreens had a restaurant? On Sundays, my Father took our family downtown Cincinnati to attend church and then dinner at Walgreens. Did you wear those thick stretchy headbands too? Love the memories it all brings back.
What is on your happy list this week?